What about clip gain, transpose, un/warp, change warp mode and much more directly from the clip in the timeline? Or with shortcuts? Or from a smartphone/tablet?
Sure! Simply use this device, ClipGain, oh yeah! MaxForLive is your friend, as always.
Let's Oversampled demonstrate it (with an older version):
Just select the clip you want to adjust, press the key/midi you've mapped to the device, and a nice little window will pop-up right next to your mouse... that's the little pop-up window you're going to love. And it works in both Arrangement and Session view.
- floating window to control the selected clip's gain, pitch, warp settings, clip launch mode and launch settings (quantization, legato), clip's ram mode, clip un/mute, in Arrangement timeline/Session view over the clip, right under your mouse's location, without the need to reach for the detailed clip view.
- shortcuts to quickly add/remove a user-defined amount of dB and semitones to the selected clip.
- select individual Warp modes with key/midi shortcuts.
- shortcut to un/warp the selected clip
- shortcut to crop the in the clip editor
- shortcut to Duplicate the midi clip's length
can be controlled from a smartphone/tablet
HOW TO: place the device anywhere (I recommend to place it on your Master track and then save as template), key/midi map the single button. That's it. The device controls the currently selected clip.
You can check the User Guide here.
It's 3€, but you can give more if you feel like it deserves it.
Live 9 minimum (it should work with L8, but I didn't test) and a MaxForLive license is required.
- fixes an Undo issue
- floating window opening optimization
- Few colors tweaks to ensure compatibility with L12 Themes
- New GUI, thanks to ELPHNT, the one and only.
- Crop can crop audio clips too (as of L11.3.20)
- Added clip's Launch mode, Launch Legato, launch quantization, RAM mode, clip mute, duplicate midi clip length.
- Everything has been collected into a single floating window
- Fixed the Rex/Pro warp mode selection bug
- Mira support. The device can now be controlled from any smartphone/tablet or even a browser on your computer
- New key/midi mappable shortcuts to select individual Warp Modes
- It wasn’t possible to select the ComplexPro Warp mode
- new "quick edit shortcuts" : key/midi mappable buttons used to increment/decrement the clip's gain/pitch by the chosen amount.
(The increment/decrement gain value isn't exact with the Clip Gain's values below 0dB. For example a 1dB decrement below 0dB will not results in -1dB but in -1.18dB. That's because of the weird and non-linear curve Live is using to scale the clip's gain. I might fix this later on, or maybe Ableton will do it quicker than me. In any case, that really isn't a big deal, sound-wise.)
- reduced CPU usage by stoping mouse position tracking when floating window isn't displayed.
- warp mode selector was blocking Live's Undo history. It's also now shown as inactive (and can't be tweaked) when the selected clip is not warped.
- new "warp" button to un/warp from the Pitch window (for mouse only i.e not mappable)
- you can now change the Warp Mode (in the Pitch window). Audio clip only.
- new CROP button: can now crop midi clips (only)
- double click the gain fader now resets it to 0dB.
- you can't midi map the clip gain/transpose anymore. This removes the extra undo steps created by this device (and it's anyway better to midi map these directly from within Live).
- the un/warp button was blocking Live's undo history.
- some patch clean up (you might need to remap the buttons, sorry…)
- stretching a warped clip from Arrangement was slown down because of ClipGain.
- made sure pressing "WARP" doesn't do anything when no clip is selected
- Gain and Pitch can now be opened together with a single shortcut
- new WARP button that un/warps the selected clip
- after a clip was unselected by clicking in an empty area, moving the fader/knob would still change the last clip's values. This is now fixed.
- colour tweaks
- added new Pitch window for audio clip transposition
- gain and transpose are always observed so you don't need to close and re-open the windows for the values to be updated. It also means that you can keep the windows open all the time if you want.
Please rate the device here, and on maxforlive!
As usual, please use a valid email adress if you don't want to miss the device's updates. Also make sure that Gumroad emails don't go to the spams.