Everyone's waiting for a "bounce in place" feature in Ableton Live since ages.
Well, if you have M4L, here's the one-click-only solution device, with easy Push implementation.
Place the device on your master track (you can put it anywhere actually), key/midi map it, save it in your default template and you're done!
When you want to bounce something, just place your playhead on the desired track and press you key/midi mapped button - or Select+Rec on Push - done!
Also works with multiple tracks
Automatic naming : your new bounced audio file will conveniently be named "[rsmpl] name-of-the-recorded-track".
At the moment BiP is designed to work in Arrangement view only.
More recording modes and Destination Track options added in v1.5, check below.
Works in L9/L10/L11.
v1.7 (june 2021):
- Push trigger mode setting wasn't recalled correctly
- Better Undo handling (the recording process could be re-triggered when undoing)
- unarm any armed track before BiP'ing. Way more handy!
New in v1.5:
- You can now choose the Destination Track to be:
° a user-definable track ("Custom track" + drop-down menu). This allows to always bounce on the same track, which also makes the process faster.
° the old way where a new track is created for each bounce ("New track")
- The Destination Track name is now prepend with "[bip]" if it's a single track bounce; with"[rsmpl]" if it's a multitrack bounce.
- New "master" (big BIP center button) button to RESAMPLE the master track output; i.e perfect to bounce multiple solo'ed tracks.
- you can now choose which recording mode is triggered from the Push shortcut.
New in v1.3:
- Fix a bug where the device could trigger the resampling process when launching a set on certain conditions (related to key mapping) without any user action.
New in v1.2:
- the device could work unexpectedly if the -EnableArmOnSelection option was active in Live’s Options.tx
- added a Live 9 version (separate device), it should even work in Live 8.
New in v1.1:
- You can now choose to Resample (white button), or to Bounce Post-Fx (yellow button).
- Select+Record on Push, now triggers the Bounce operation instead of Resample.
Ableton Live 9 minimum. Max8.
Free updates, for ever ;-)
Free limited version here.
3€ (VAT excl.) or more if you wish so!
Please rate the device here, and on maxforlive!