Futility v4 is a MaxForLive device that gives you very handy shortcuts that aren't natively implemented into Live.
It works on the selected track:
- un/mute the selected track
- un/solo the selected track
- un/arm the selected track
- unmute, unsolo, unarm every tracks
- show/hide the envelope/modulation tab in the detail clip view
- un/fold the selected track
- un/zoom the selected track vertically and horizontally in Arrangement
- toggle play/stop the selected clip (in Session)
- automatic track arming option
- focus to the browser/arrangement/device view (useful for navigating with your keyboard's arrow keys).
- quickly move your selected clip to a new Take Lane (requires Live11)
- Save your Live set from your midi controller / midi map.
- "Devices Switchers" are shortcuts to turn on/off the first 10 devices/plugins in the selected track's chain.
- "Track Control" is a floating mixer that opens up at your current mouse's location!
You can check the User Guide here.
Load the device (preferably) on your Master track (it works on any track, but it's just more handy to have it on your Master); map the buttons to your keyboard and/or midi controller; save as new template in Live's preferences and you're good to go!
As always, simply hover over any button/text to know what they do.
Be aware that this device is not meant to record e.g mute/solo/arm automations.
Make sure to not trigger any actions from the device when you're recording something in Live if you have the global automation active otherwise the automation would be recorded for Futility and not for the track itself resulting in weird actions or conflict (Live's "back to automation" triggered/automations disabled).
Live 9/10/11 / Max 8 minimum (it should work with L8 in theory, but I didn't try).
Free updates, for ever ;-)
- some users were getting unmuted tracks when loading a set
- now fully Apple silicon compatible
- tweaks to prevent unwanted tracks unmuting at set's launch that a few users sometimes still experience
- the Focus buttons would need to be pressed twice.
- muted tracks could get unmuted when opening sets.
- new Track Control floating window
- new "Devices Switcher"
- « kill mute » and « TakeDown » (and a few other bits) stability improvements.
v2 is free but won't be supported anymore. This v4 is 4€ (or more if you want) with free update/upgrade.
Gumroad emails could be considered as spam, so please make sure to authorise it in your email settings if you want to be sure to automatically receive future updates.